The offset handle position creates additional knuckle clearance and perfectly positions your hand for a more powerful—and thus, easier—cut. The scalloped serrations will slice neatly into your loaf without skidding; no matter how crusty it is.
- Ideal knuckle clearance for you, no crushing or tearing for your bread
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won’t harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
The inspiration for Shun’s knives comes from the great Japanese tradition of knives, kept alive by the proud descendants of its founders, who lived in Japan several centuries ago. The process of making them requires more than one hundred steps thoroughly achieved by craftsmen, for whom the ultimate goal is to create knives of exceptional quality and beauty. Yesterday’s knowledge is used to design tomorrow’s knives.
Shun’s main feature lies in the specific signature that is given to each range of knives, all characterized by the same generic materials, steel and wood, declined in several compositions as for the fisrt one and coming from numerous different sources as for the other. Each range also distinguishes itself by the blades and the handles’ finish, both achieved by hand and as unique and useful as the others.